‘Ello, this is the TV Tuesday Meme! It’s quite simple, every Tuesday you’ll do these things:
- Link back to the originator (Codie @Reader’s Anonymous)
Choose between these three:
- Book-to-Movie/TV show adaptation (have you seen it? If no, do you plan to?)
- Book you think should be a movie/TV show (Why?)
- Movie/TV show that prompted you to read a book?
*Optional – put up the trailer
- Link back to your post in the comments section (so I can stalk your post ;D)
Book-to-Movie/TV show adaptation (have you seen it? If no, do you plan to?)
Clearly you can guess the inspiration for this week of TV Tuesday. The 2016 presidential election is today, so what better way to show my support of the two individuals that’ll be ruining this country come tonight! The Election is a dark comedy, starring Matthew Broderick and Reese Witherspoon. The movie is very funny, with Witherspoons crazy antics and warped thinking that makes her do anything to become her high school’s President. After learning about Tracy’s unethical voting tactics, Broderick enlists a dumb, yet popular, jock to run against her so that she cannot become president. The entire movie is Broderick trying to uproot Witherspoon, and Witherspoon doing something crazy for votes and revenge against Broderick. Overall the movie is fun, dark, and oddly uncomfortable to watch, but captures (from what I’ve read) the essences of the novel Election by Tom Perotta quite well. God Bless America…we’re gonna need it.