‘Ello, this is the TV Tuesday Meme! It’s quite simple, every Tuesday you’ll do these things:
- Link back to the originator (Codie @Reader’s Anonymous)
Choose between these three:
- Book-to-Movie/TV show adaptation (have you seen it? If no, do you plan to?)
- Book you think should be a movie/TV show (Why?)
- Movie/TV show that prompted you to read a book?
*Optional – put up the trailer
- Link back to your post in the comments section (so I can stalk your post ;D)
Movie/TV show that prompted you to read a book?
John Carter, while not held in high-esteem for its, “uneven pacing and occasionally incomprehensible plotting and characterization,” (Rotten Tomatoes) it cannot be easily dismissed. There’s adventure and exploration on our neighboring Red Planet, Mars, with clarity and distinction (although inaccurate). John Carter is simply a fun movie with an extreme variety of creatures, customs, and cultures directly originated from the imagination of Edgar Rice Burroughs, the author of the Barsoom series. It’s because of the lackluster feel of the film adaptation, John Carter, that I decided to read the novel. Figuring that the novel would provide more clarity and sustenance – along with a proper ending – I ventured into the world of written Barsoom and realized (rather quickly) that the movie worked off of what it was given as an original. My review will be up soon.