‘Ello, this is the TV Tuesday Meme! It’s quite simple, every Tuesday you’ll do these things:
- Link back to the originator (Codie @Reader’s Anonymous)
Choose between these three:
- Book-to-Movie/TV show adaptation (have you seen it? If no, do you plan to?)
- Book you think should be a movie/TV show (Why?)
- Movie/TV show that prompted you to read a book?
*Optional – put up the trailer
- Link back to your post in the comments section (so I can stalk your post ;D)
Book-to-Movie/TV show adaptation
Justified is a modern-day western, which calls to me on many levels. I’ve always had a deep fondness for westerns such as, Firefly, Deadwood, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, A Fistful of Dollars (spaghetti), One-Eyed Jacks (spaghetti), Cowboys and Aliens (entertainment only), True Grit, Django Unchained, I could go on forever, baby (Home Alone). There was something so purely magnetic about it’s languid tension that I go bonkers for every time I encounter a western, or western-themed TV series/movie, which brings me to Justified. Based on the Raylan Givens series by Elmore Leonard, this TV show renewed my faith in westerns and the magic it incites. As a result, I’m excited to take the trip to Harlan, Kentucky in the book along with the show.