- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
How My Blog Got Started:
My blog was originally named Paperback Book Addicts, and it got started one cold day in 2014, when I decided I wanted share my love for books with the world! Little did I know there were thousands of book blogs and it was hard as hell to get noticed, especially when you’re as inconsistent as me. So, I wrote a few posts and that little traffic bar never moved – to say I was discouraged would be the understatement of the year.
Because of this I stopped blogging for a whole year, until one day I got a notification from WordPress. It was nothing miraculous such as, a like on a post or a new follower, just a standard email about who the hell knows. Although unimportant it was at that moment I said fudge-it and started blogging again. Gradually I started becoming more consistent and just loved spreading the word about the most amazing pieces of art – books. I didn’t care if nobody read it – although I do appreciate my followers like nobody’s business – I just wanted to keep writing about what made me happy. I know the question was straightforward and I just gave a whole children’s story, but I felt like the story was necessary.
However, the short answer is:
To spread my ❤ of books!
Advice to New Bloggers:
I haven’t been blogging long enough, or successfully enough to give advice. But for the sake of this post I’ll list a few things – I enjoy listing things:
- Consistency is super important! Even if you only post one post a week, it’s important to try and keep a pattern for your readers.
- Never give up. This is pretty self explanatory, however it’s important to never give up on your blog if you enjoy doing it.
- Do it for you. Yeah, this is corny and cliche but it’s important to remember that this blog is YOURS and if you’re happy with it then shuck everyone else (I just read The Maze Runner – forgive me) and do whatever you enjoy. Don’t write for likes, or to follow trends, or gain followers right what’s true to your heart.
- Try to reply to all your comments. I genuinely enjoy doing this, but if you don’t you should anyway because it keeps you engaged with the people (what am I the President?) and helps you build real friendships with your followers and fellow bloggers.
Please don’t feel obligated to participate, but just know I truly believe you totally deserve it! These blogs are amazing so check them out pronto 😀