You might remember this challenge from this post. If not, you should go check it out! Anyway, this is my list of novels to read for the challenge, but it could change. Any suggestions for the TBA’s?
A 19th Century Classic
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Brontë
A 20th Century Classic
- Sula – Toni Morrison
A classic by a woman author
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
A classic in translation
Les Misérables – Victor Hugo
A classic by a non-white author
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings – Maya Angelou
An adventure classic
- Peter Pan – J. M. Barrie
A fantasy, science fiction, or dystopian classic
A classic detective novel
- The Thin Man – Dashiell Hammett
A classic which includes the name of a place in the title
- Princess of Mars – Edgar Rice Burroughs
A classic which has been banned or censored
- The Rainbow by D. H. Lawrence (I’m giving you another shot here D. H., don’t let me down)
Re-read a classic you read in school (high school or college).
Again, this wasn’t long ago for me, so I don’t know If I’ll be doing this one.
A volume of classic short stories