4 ½ out of 5
★ ★ ★ ★/★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Sean is a hardworking, garbage man just trying to make ends meet. Treasure is a divorced-single mom, who has her own successful interior designer company. Both broken and hurt looking for a mend. When their lives collide and love is the healing elixir that makes them whole, makes them strong, and allows the mask to fall away.
There were many things I loved about this novel, however these are my TOP 7:
- Sean and Treasure’s relationship was amazballs! I literally loved their love. It was serious and fun without being sneakily creepy, which tends to occur in certain love stories with that whole “I’d kill you and me before I let you go!” that seems to involuntary come off in love stories with alpha males.
- The lack of any real conflict between the couple. I abhor unnecessary drama that would befit a soap opera instead of a realistic scenario. This pleased me extremely because I didn’t have to have that *Bitch Please* eye roll. No, this was basically about soul-searching and mending hearts this included the kids too (and yes, Jackson). No ex’s making a comeback or misinterpreted messages or phone calls, no displays of jealousy that leads to a jail sentence…just good, old-fashioned love.
- I have a serious thing for fighters. Ever since I started watching MMA they’ve just been by biggest weakness and my greatest pleasure (maybe before or after ginger’s), so Sean being a fighter made me very happy and excited:
- The professions of both character’s were very different and the realness. The characters were so real! I mean Treasure being cheated on, divorced and having two kids and Sean being a trash man and working his way up to the top really made me love them.
- They waited to have sex. I cannot stress how much I hate sex that happens like two seconds after they meet. There is no real relationship built just BOOM!
- There was no resolution between Treasure and her mom and for me that’s real.
- The fact that Sean and Treasure were friends first (without their knowledge) and were still connected after everything that occurred.
So, overall I freaking loved it! However, there were some iffy moments for me, these are my TOP 3:
- Sean was funny but sometimes I questioned his intelligence.
- The sex “noises” were freaking hilarious and sometimes less is more.
- The amount of times “shit” was used in this novel baffled me. I mean damn there are other swear words (see I used one just then)
My opinion is that you should definitely check it out because you won’t be disappointed.